Get the practical know-how, skills and confidence to work more effectively.
Learn about PR planning principles, media relations techniques and the impact of social media on PR practice. You’ll master the art of writing for different channels too – from press releases to blogs and tweets.
The syllabus is taught and assessed at the same level as a Foundation degree.
- PR and its role in the organisation
- PR and communication theory
- PR planning and tactics
- writing skills
- media relations
- management skills and professional practice.
- Critical Reasoning Test – 2 essays of 1,500 words each
- Planning Assignment – campaign plan (2,000 words) plus supporting writing tasks (800 words)
- Critique – 3,000 words
- CIPR Foundation Award
- any UK recognised degree, or equivalent
- 2 years' relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English Language.