Take a strategic approach to PR and prepare to lead at board level.
Gain an advanced understanding of areas including planning, research and evaluation; crisis and risk issues; CSR; stakeholder management and ethics. You’ll also put your learning into practice, evaluating a wide range of PR theories, concepts and techniques and applying them practically to your own work and sector.
The syllabus is taught and assessed at Masters level.
- PR as a management function
- theoretical approaches
- reputation management
- corporate responsibility and stakeholder theory
- issues and crisis management
- PR planning.
- Critical Reasoning Test – 2 essays of 2,500 words each
- Planning Assignment – campaign plan (3,500 words) plus supporting rationale to illustrate the theoretical and conceptual underpinnings that have informed the strategy (2,000 words)
- Research Project (6,000 words).
- CIPR Advanced Certificate in Public Relations
- 1 of the following plus 1 year's relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism):
- CIPR Internal Communications Certificate
- postgraduate professional qualification in a related discipline (e.g. CIM diploma)
- UK Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a PR-related discipline: business, marketing, management, communication, media or journalism.
- 1 of the following plus 2 years' relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors):
- CAM Advanced Diploma in Marketing Communication
- NCTJ Diploma
- UK Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any other subject
- LCCIEB qualification which must comprise 5 level-3 subjects in PR, marketing, advertising, and principles & practice of management.
- 4 years' relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English language.